Unanswered: Out of MS-DOS file handles

Hi. I created a database in Access 97 (it has not been converted to a more recent version yet because it's linked to various other databases at the moment) and have people using it through Access 2000. While I don't think that has anything to do with it, I thought I'd mention it. Anyway, in that database when they click on an "update" button, it runs a query that updates a field in another database. 2 people get the Out of MS-DOS file handles message. Everyone else uses it fine. I thought then had to be specific to her machine. Our IT department had her try to use it on the PC of someone who doesn't have the problem, she couldn't. IT is at a loss. They increased the file handles but it didn't help. I have not created an security permissions in the database. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Cheri

What are the users' permissions in the directory(s) contatining the dbs?

Out of MS-DOS file handles

They have full permissions are aren't set up any differently than the people with no problems.

Increasing the file handles won't help as that is not the problem only the symptom.
    I was bugged by this error for a while untill I found out the error was from a query trying to access a table and not finding it correctly.
    the "out of file handles" was kind of a null error.
    Check persissions on the table and that the table is properly linked and named. Relinking the tables under the persons login should show where the problem is.

Provided Answers: 59
    Agree WilliamS is probably on to it.....

There is however another possible culprit, it could be her network logon script is consuming more resources than others and this could be bolluxing the environment.

HTH
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Out of MS-DOS file handles

Thanks. We did resolve it. Their permissions for the database and directory were set up just like the others, however, IT set up a user group and she was not included in the group and she needed to be. Not exactly sure why, but it worked.

Thanks again