Thread: Married life

Married life

One of my friend is going to get married,but he is confused and he doubts whether it would be a clever move or not. He wants my advice...but I love my bachelor life ... any advice for my friend would be really helpful...
    But to my opinion I prefer my freedom
    What about u guys?
    Give an advice and save a soul,its urgent
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by rudra
    ... He wants my advice...
    I'd give it to him.

Tell him all the things you love about being a bachelor. If he still wants to get married, support him in that.
    Have a community? Have questions?

Marriage is one of those things where only the people involved in the union have a meaningful opinion. You might have an opinion, I might have one, everybody on the planet might have an opinion, but the only opinons that really matter are the people who might get married.

Their families certainly have an opinion. That opinion needs to be considered, since it will directly affect the amount and type of support that the couple will get from their families, and that support is often crucial to making a marriage work (or not work). Even with that said, the opinion of the family still doesn't truly matter, it is the individuals that matter.

Advise your friend. Tell him honestly and openly what you think. DO NOT tell him what to do, that is for your friend and their potential spouse to decide.

Marriage isn't for everyone. If both (or in some cases all) of the parties aren't willing to give 100 percent to making it work, odds are very good that the marriage won't work. It isn't for anyone at all times, since they will have points in their life where they already have all they can handle, and taking on the burden of marriage is more than that person can manage at that point.

Marriage is a big step. It is a huge investment in terms of time, energy, and in many ways your soul itself... When it works, it is wonderful. When it doesn't work, it is tragic. Marriage is a huge investment, a huge risk, but if done correctly it offers the biggest payoff available to the human race!

-PatP

Pat - I heard the music stirring with the first few bars of that post. By the final crescendo (Burgh burgh BAAAAHHHHH!!!!!) I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house. There was certainly some undignified whooping here in the land of music and rain. I think I am off to propose.....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

That land of music and rain? I thought you lived in the UK.

-PatP

Well - I meant Manchester. It is reputed to always be raining. And we like to think we have a rather enviable musical pedigree (unlike the scousers - discount the Beatles and what is left? Cilla Black that's who!).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Wait a second - were you implying that UK music is substandard?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

No, just baiting to get a rise out of you. Thanks!

-PatP

he is confused and he doubts whether it would be a clever move or not.
    That seems like a pretty good reason not to do it if you ask me.

There was ZERO doubt in my mind when I proposed to my wife.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

a clever move.....

matters of the heart is rarley clever.....

Unless this is a financial arrangement....

What about the other route where you rent a wife...seems to be all the rage in India now....

Or was that Iraq
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Oh no,better late than never,I got those post a bit late...By the way I tried to show my friend all the nice things in a bachelor life but despite of all my effort he just refused to accept the fact and married his lady...well good luck for my friend God bless them...
    I am sure after one year he will accept my views without hesitation...
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep