Thread: Image Controls

Unanswered: Image Controls

a FRIEND of mine , developed an application which displays a picture of the human chest , and has 5 icons on top , each showing a symbol of special medical investigation like the stetchoscope , sonar , xray , etc , the user chooses with his mouse , one icon , then goes to the chest image and wherever he clicks , displays the symbol on the button and thoose values are saved, how can this be done

how can this be done
    ... it can be done much better in something besides Access. I sugest making a web page to do the front end, since there are many cool tools available in that environment. You can link to an Access DB through code to store the data.

There are numberous other options as well. I just think you'll encounter many obstacles trying to do this in Access.

What did your friend develop his or her app in?

tc

access

He made it in access

Sounds like a lot of image and control manipulation through code, responding to the Click and Mouse Over events among others.

There's probably some hidden controls keeping track of things like "what was clicked" and so forth. The selected icon is stored in a hidden control, the position the mouse was clicked is tracked by grabbing the position of the mouse on the click event. The rest is manipulation of the on screen controls.

The saving to a data table is about the easiest part, the rest is manipulation through code. There aren't to many "standard controls" in Access that will do this stuff for you.

You would be essentially building a VB app using VBA in Access instead of VB by itself.

tc
    Last edited by tcace; 04-22-06 at 14:52.

i may be able to help but am not sure what you mean exactly,

lemme see if i get what you mean:

User selects a medical examination (X ray)

Then clicks image of chest

Then some values are stored? >>

What are the values need to be stored? or is it just that the patient had a chest xray done, or a stethoscope exam etc?

no
    there is a background image of chest
    there are 5 buttons with medical symbols on them (e.g circle, box , etc)
    user choses one of the buttons by clicking on them
    then user click on the background picture anywhere and that symbol shows on the background image

You have a set of image thumbnails to match the buttons set to not visible and stashed in the corner of the form. Make sure you "Bring to Front" the images.

Number the images and the command buttons to match. For example: X-Ray is cmd1 and img1.

You have a hidden text box to store the value clicked. For example, I click X-Ray, the Click event of the button sets the text box = 1

For the click event of the image of the chest, you need to capture the location of the mouse and move the appropiate image (by grabbing the value from the text box). You use the Left and Top properties to move the image and then set it to visible.

does this help?
    tc