Unanswered: Clipper library to create Word document

Some years ago I wrote a Clipper (5.2e) application for a client which used the Clipper library WPLib to create WordPerfect documents. The client has now asked me to update this application to create Word XP documents. I know that it can be done by creating an rtf file but this is time consuming (I've done it before!) and unlikely to be within the clients budget. Anyone know of a clipper library to do the job.

Mike, No I don't. But I have an app with it's own clipper word processor. Using the Memo read, write & edit functions. I'll be watching to see if anybody finds a solution for you I would like to be able to use the WORD soultion also.

Jim C.

Clipper library to create Word document

Hi Jim

I've also got a similar app I wrote about 12 years ago to emulate a word processor but it's not adaptable for current project.

Quick fix at the moment is to continue using WpLib to produce a WP file and then open it in Word. I've had to remove all tables from the doc and I've lost all font styles so resultant Word doc is in bland Courier 12 font. But since doc is only for internal use, the users will accept it.

Would be nice to find a more elegant solution. I hate regressive steps.

I had a useful list of Clipper links but most of them seem to have died.

Keep looking - thanks

mike

Mike,

I have an old app that produces 20,000 to 40,000 multi page doc a month. I have been waiting for a solution that would allow the full WORD suite of functionality instead of the way I have had to hack PCL control codes into my process to even get some plain vanillar features, BOLD, LEGAL, UNDERLINE but you can only do so much.

If I find a solution I'll keep you updated.

Thanks,