Question Unanswered: "ODBC --Call Failed" exception from a linked Access table?

Hello, everyone!

I've written a neat little app in Visual C# that connects to an MSAccess 2003 database. Because of the really great functionality of ADO.NET, I was able to circumvent a lot of the concurrent connection limitations of Access by using DataSets - alas, I was only delaying the inevitable transition to SQL Server 2000

Since the internal dataset fills in my C# app are written for OLE, and since I've already configured it to connect to the Access database, I was really hoping that I could just use a linked table to the exported data on SQL Server. However, when I did just this, I got a "ODBC --Call Failed" unhandled exception in my application when I tried to make a simple change and save it back to the database - no other descriptive error numbers or anything.

- The changes I made do not propogate, so the MSKB regarding ODBC and cursors isn't the solution

- I did remember to set a PK when I exported from Access to SQL Server 2000 - darn data services [grumble grumble]

- It's {most likely?} not a permissions issue; I'm in as Administrator, with the ODBC connection set up to use NT Authentication

- I've got SQL Server 2000 running SP3a as well as the latest version of JET running on my 2k3 Server

Any help would be greatly appreciated

when I tried to make a simple change
    ...to table structure or to data?

if table structure: delete the link(s) to the modified table(s) and relink.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    ...to table structure or to data?
    izy
    To data. Specifically, I added a period to a comment field - when I said simple, I really did mean simple