Unanswered: how database handle request?

Hi friend,

I want to write a program that can access to multiple database based on the user ID, but I dont know how the database handle user request. Please help me...

if user A execute program and redirect to database abc, and user B also accessing it. user A retrieve value from database but not yet update it, at the same time user B go get the value. How can I control it? can I code a program that control if A not yet finish, we cannot allowed user B to retrieve the value?

I cannot use Java synchronization. if I use it, it will synchronize for all the request although the request is redirect to different database(I am using many databases but sharing 1 program). There is no point to do synchronization if another user accessing other database that is no user at that moment but still need to wait user at different database finish their tasks first.

Lock

Quote Originally Posted by albert85
    Hi friend,

I want to write a program that can access to multiple database based on the user ID, but I dont know how the database handle user request. Please help me...

if user A execute program and redirect to database abc, and user B also accessing it. user A retrieve value from database but not yet update it, at the same time user B go get the value. How can I control it? can I code a program that control if A not yet finish, we cannot allowed user B to retrieve the value?
    If I understand you need this: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...l-locking.html
    dimis

Thanks man!

This is what I want.