Thread: hello everybody

hello everybody

i am kostas from greece and i am trying to find out about databases

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by kosgeorg
    . . . i am trying to find out about databases
    The members here have an extensive knowledge of databases that they are just waiting to share, all you have to do is ask!

Welcome Kostas!

Databases come in many "flavors", depending on the vendor and the usage. If you can be a bit more specific about what you'd like to know, I'm sure that someone here at DBForums can help you!

-PatP

hope this can be done

hello everybody.
    i have a access database that it is linked with a xls page.the xls page is linked to a web site.the website this website has some information that i need.but very often the page is changed to other news.show it changes on my xl file and so to my database.i have made an updater in my database that records old infos before the site updates with new ones.this updater is a button that starts an append query. because i am not all the tme on this pc is there a way to make this button update every 1 hour by itself?
    thank you for you're time.

If you have an Access page up, use an OnTimer event.

-PatP

i did this and thank you. but the problem is that i cannot change the time that this update will work. i have changed the time but it always update in 30 sec. is there something i didn't do?if anybody knows please answer.thanks

At the bottom of the Timer Event page, you'll find a link that will take you to TimerInterval.

-PatP