Unanswered: Weird "problem" - Task Center thinks a backup is still running from WEEKS ago!

8.2 on Windows

A couple of weeks ago there was an unexplained instance failure (seemingly during this backup, possibly even caused by it?). The instance was restarted succesfully and every backup since has executed fine, but I just noticed in Task Center that the task from that night is still 'executing'....
    Any ideas? It's not causing any problems, but I'm a little afraid to meddle in case it causes real problems.

This is very likely due to the "tools" catalog not in-sync or not having the capability to query and restore the state. Would suggest oppening/logging a PMR with IBM on this.

Quote Originally Posted by meehange
    8.2 on Windows

A couple of weeks ago there was an unexplained instance failure (seemingly during this backup, possibly even caused by it?). The instance was restarted succesfully and every backup since has executed fine, but I just noticed in Task Center that the task from that night is still 'executing'....
    Any ideas? It's not causing any problems, but I'm a little afraid to meddle in case it causes real problems.
    We had this problem before, you can leave it there, if it is a scheduled job, it shouldn't affect your next run. But you can fix it by a little bit meddling.

1.Find the record for this job by job ID in your tools database in the table TOOLS.MDTASKTYPE00, changed the value of column STATE00 to 1. This will change the status showing in the task center back from running to successful.

2.Drop and recreat this job in the task center. You will have to drop and recreate it, since the step one doesn't fix it, it just allows you to modify it.