Unanswered: DBA looking for UDB interview questions (was Hello from KY)

Good morning,

I have been a DB2 DBA on z/Os for 2 1/2 years, a programmer before that. Our company has a new system coming on UDB and I'm making the jump. And rather quickly.

I'm trying to search for interview questions for our external resource.

Julie

Provided Answers: 54
    Greetings Julie!

Since your post is more technical than a simple "Hello, world" post, I'm going to take the liberty of moving it to a forum where it will be more likely to get a response. I'm also going to change the title to more accurately reflect the content (again, to increase the probability of good answers).

You also seem quite comfortable with the ideas of forums, etc. Somehow I don't think you'll have much need of the "hand holding" that often goes with first posters in the new user forum.

-PatP

Whether it is for a developer or DBA role, the questions will be the same as you would expect for a zOs role of similar kind.

As you are moving to a different role within the same company, I would suggest that you list down the work you'll be expected in the new role, and then focus on how/where it is different from the zOS role you are currently on ..

hth
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks. That's where I've started, but didn't know if I should be looking for more specific platform questions.

Julie

Is this for a developer or a DBA role?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

DBA. We'll be doing server installation, instance design and creation, etc., creating standard scripts and documenting all procedures.