Unanswered: Sorting and Grouping problem

Not sure if this is possible but I have to try.

I have an excel report that management uses with a very high amount of manual data entry. I have created an access database that automatically downloads all the required data. Now I just need to recreate the report.

The issue comes in my sorting/grouping. I have 2 different groupings, the first by the department and the second by the model. The department grouping works like I want the problem is the model grouping. I want to group by this model field but I only want it to display a footer if a model name is present in the table. If I just put a normal footer in this grouping it leaves a space between it and the fields that are being calculated in my department grouping.

Any help you have would be great! Thanks
    -Russ

Provided Answers: 1
    did you set "CanShrink" to true for the footer section itself as well as all objects within it?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Yes I have. It still keeps a blank line there. The issue I think is that I am wanting to do subtotals and other operations on some of the groupings but not on all of them. Below is a little better idea of what I am trying to do. I have setup the first grouping by the Area, I have then setup the second grouping by the model (3.1 - area 3 model 1).

Area 1 details
    Area 1 footer

Area 2 details
    Area 2 footer

Area 3.1 details
    Area 3.1 model footer
    Area 3.2 details
    Area 3.2 model footer
    Area 3 footer

Area 4 details
    Area 4 footer

Is this possible? I am not sure if it is possible to do this "conditional visibilty" based off a "null" or populated field.