Question Unanswered: Linking Queries to Calendar Control

Hi all.
    I have a question regarding queries and the calendar control. Basically I have a two-step process involving a select query and then a cross-tab query that sums the results of the select query across time intervals (and a report eventually gets printed from this). On a form I have a calendar control and I would like the user to be able to select the dates between which they want to view data for the report. I can get this to work just fine linking the [Date] field in the select query to the calendar control by stating this in the criteria:
    Between [Forms]![frmPtsSummaryDatePick]![BeginningDate] And [Forms]![frmPtsSummaryDatePick]![EndingDate]
    However, the report that I eventually want to print is based on a crosstab query that summarizes the results from the above select query, and when I go to run the report/crosstab query I get this message:
    "Runtime error '3070'
    The microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize
    '[Forms]![frmPtsSummaryDatePick]![BeginningDate] And [Forms]![frmPtsSummaryDatePick]![EndingDate]' as a valid field name or expression"
    I can't really understand why the crosstab query won't work since it will work if you type in a criteria for [Date] in the select query as Like 4/*/06
    Does anyone know of a work-around?
    Thanks in advance.
    -melissa

Provided Answers: 6
    Crosstab queries require that their parameters be explicitly declared. With the query in design view, Query/Parameters.
    Paul

Thanks. I tried that, but I am not sure what to declare in the parameter window, so I can't come up with anything that works. Any suggestions?
    -melissa

Provided Answers: 6
    [Forms]![frmPtsSummaryDatePick].[BeginningDate] on the left (parameter) side, presumably Date/Time (it would be the data type of the field in the table) on the right (Data type) side.
    Paul

Thanks Paul.
    That solved it! That saved many hours of frustration - I never knew that I had to enter in the entire "[Forms]![frmPtsSummaryDatePick].[BeginningDate] " into the parameters - I was trying to enter in [BeginningDate] alone.
    I really appreciate allof your help!
    -melissa
    Last edited by mmerrick; 05-02-06 at 17:14.