Unanswered: Accessing iAnywhere from command line

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to Sybase. I just installed the iAnywhere version on my Mac. Found the bundled apps like Interactive SQL etc to access the data. But I want to be able to get into the database and execute queries from the command line (the SQL prompt as we call it). I looked through the documentation but found no mention of it at all.

Pl let me know how to do this, if its possible at all.

TIA
    Sathya

isql

dbisql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dsn=asademo"

dbisql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dsn=asademo" program.sql

inside of program.sql is list of sql command

SELECT LEFT(VENDOR+' ',6) VENDOR,LEFT(DELIVERY_NUMBER+' ',10) DO_NO,LEFT(JOBNO+' ',7) JOB_NO,LEFT(PARTS_NO+' ',14) PARTS,RIGHT('0000000'+CAST(TOTAL_PIECE AS CHAR),7) RECQTY,DATEFORMAT(INCOMING_DATE,'YYYYMMDD') RECDATE,serial_number unq FROM RECEIVING_ENTRY_DETAILS WHERE sent is null;
    output to 'c:\kitrcv.TXT' format fixed;
    insert into return_do(vendor,do_no,job,parts,qty,inc_date,seri al_no,trns_date) SELECT LEFT(VENDOR+' ',6),LEFT(DELIVERY_NUMBER+' ',10),LEFT(JOBNO+' ',7),LEFT(PARTS_NO+' ',14),RIGHT('0000000'+CAST(TOTAL_PIECE AS CHAR),7),DATEFORMAT(INCOMING_DATE,'YYYYMMDD'),seri al_number,getdate() FROM RECEIVING_ENTRY_DETAILS WHERE sent is null;
    update receiving_entry_details set sent='Y' where sent is null;

Thanks chiwaki !

Executing

>> dbisql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dsn=asademo"

simply launches InteractiveSQL again.

Isnt it possible to just get a "SQL>" prompt and start executing queries, describing tables etc from there ?

Thanks.

you can use isql insetad of the dbisql*. To make this work, you need to have the instance name and the dbname the same on server startup.

This is done using the dbsrv9.exe -n asademo1 /ianywhere/asa9/asademo.db -nasademo1