Unanswered: IIF formula not working (was "Probably a simple problem")

Hi, If is this a simple problem, I'm sorry but desperate for help! - I'm grateful for any replies thankyou

Right - I'm a student using access 2000, trying to get this pratical done about a Hall's bookings. I've made a query on which I have based a report. The report is to list the monthly takings for a month, based on the 'slots' that are booked. The idea is for 18th Birthday parties and Gold or Silver Weddings the Hall can be rented for a special flat rate of 10 instead of the standard price.

The price of the slots vary - I have a field name 'SlotPrice' in which contains a fixed amount (not a calculated field).

I have a field called Total Cost that is supposed to detect what is in the 'Title Event' field and if it matches the 18th Birthday Parties, Golden or Silver Weddings it puts the 10 charge, otherwise it should charge what is in the 'SlotPrice' field.

I have this formula so far written in a query - I'm not so sure how to add in if the title is not any of the mentioned to tell it to display whats in the 'SlotPrice' field:

Total Cost: IIf([Title Event] In ("Golden wedding","18th Birthday","Silver Wedding"),10)

This doesn't seem to even work on its own! Thanks in advance for any help.

IIf([Title Event] In ("Golden wedding","18th Birthday","Silver Wedding"),10,SlotPrice )
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Provided Answers: 1
    You would benefit from storing event types in a seperate table, then setting rates from there...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thankyou very much for the replies- formula works brilliantly r937. Might try storing the other variables in another table once I have input more data