Unanswered: Dating website databases

How does dating websites databases work?
    Is it possible in access to create a form on a web page with a submit button? Then after hitting the button the text is automatically added into my database?

Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Is it possible in access to create a form on a web page with a submit button?
    Yes, it is possible,
    Then after hitting the button the text is automatically added into my database?
    and that's pretty much how the typical database works.

As for the "help" part, you'll need to be more specific.

tc

Provided Answers: 59
    Hi, and welcome to the forum....
    if you are using a web page then after the submit buttonis pressed you hand off data to another script / program / form which does some further processing.

this further processing should include validation and writng any changes to the database. the classic style of web development is to use a form to capture data, then submit that data to a script which validates the data input, if errors are detected then returns to the data entry form (identifying which elements of the data stream are invalid and why. if no errors are detected then update the data and move to the next process / form.

Although web design is pretty simple you have to do a lot more than in the background then using plain old Access with bound controls on a form.

HTH
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hi tc.

You see we currently doing icdl - and only handle the basics of access. What im refering to as "help" is could you maybe show me step-by-step how and where to click to insert the submit button on a webpage and how to link the submitted text into my database?

Hope im not asking tooooo much. . . ?