Question Unanswered: Password , Video Audio Capability

Hi ,
    How can i keep some information in the IS away from the normal users hands like lets say , salaries , can you guide me how to manage this ? how to password it ?

The system should be with Video Audio capabilities .
    what does it mean and how to be done ?

Thanks

There are numerous ways to protect your data ... You can block access to tables, forms, and reports. You can make your own security protocol to do the same. You can split the database so that on the front end is available to the end user protecting the data from prying eyes ...

It depends on how you want to do it ...

What do you mean by:
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Provided Answers: 59

smells like RFH to me.....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

thanks guys bbut i am not that much advance to understand own security protocol and RHF
    i need simple guidelines
    as example i have the salaries information at the personal information of the workers , this information of salary in that table should not be seen except by the management . so how can i protect it ?
    Plus . i have no idea of what is video audio , thats why i asked

Quote Originally Posted by mmortaga
    thanks guys bbut i am not that much advance to understand own security protocol and RHF
    i need simple guidelines
    as example i have the salaries information at the personal information of the workers , this information of salary in that table should not be seen except by the management . so how can i protect it ?
    Plus . i have no idea of what is video audio , thats why i asked
    Well then I guess you need to go back to the drawing board and ask someone what the requirements are for your application ... Throwing out some terminology with the hope that something will stick won't fly around here ...

Again, you ask a question to an answer given. Security is done HOWEVER YOU WISH TO DO IT. What are your security requirements (HINT: I DON"T KNOW GETS YOU NOWHERE)????
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Like Mr. Owen has stated, you need to start by determining exactly who can see or access what. There are indeed many many ways to accomplish security scenarios for your database. As far as audio & video goes….forget about it. Chances are your superiors will literally crap themselves when they see the time and cost involved for the implementation of such a recognition system especially if all you want to do is to hide an employees salary. Although recognition systems are getting quite cheap compared to what they use to be, I don’t think you need it for your particular application.

Tracking Users (who is) in your Database is the first thing you will need to accomplish. Who is in the database at any given time and what rights does that person have. There are different ways to accomplish this and most methods can be located within this very forum.

Although MS-Access does provide a means for establishing security measures within your database which is adequate is most cases, I and many others prefer to develop our own security systems via code. I am assuming that this sort of thing is obviously beyond your scope since you appear to have little knowledge of the MS-Access security capabilities (see MS-Access Help regarding Security – menu item Tools | Security). Before you dabble with this I highly suggest you acquire a book or two on the subject (there are many).

To Simply.…Hide the Salary:

1) Hide the Employees Table…place Usys in front of the name (i.e.: UsysEmployeesTbl). This will instantly hide the table within the Database Window. To view it again select the menu items Tools | Options - View Tab – check the System Objects. This can be done with code as well.
    2) Make the control(s) non-visible (Visible property set to False) in the Employees Form which contains the Salary information.
    3) Track the User….who is it that is accessing the Employees Form.
    4) If the User is classified as a Manager then make the non-visible Salary form fields (controls) visible so they can be viewed and data modified otherwise ensure that these field(s) remain non-visible.

This is a simple means to accomplish what you want (hide Salary). As mentioned earlier, there are many ways to accomplish security. To what depth is up to you.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!