Question Unanswered: migration of DB to new server

The requirement is to move DB from one instance in one server to another instance of another server. When I tried to use the restore option using the backup of the old DB in new server, I am able to get the all required tables/SP/etc. But there is one problem. the default schema owner is the instance owner. So in new DB, all tables are generated with old instance owner name as schema name.

So how to change the schema for these tables or what is the right procedure of migration of the DBs from one instance to another?

Thanks in advance.

IBM Certified deployment professional

Provided Answers: 11

the only way I see, is export and import with create option, so you could change the schema - or export all - run db2look - modify output - create all objects - load all data
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Smile db2move option

Thanks for the reply. I tried the following, as the suggestion says.
    1. db2move export old db
    2. db2look old db
    3. db2 -tvf to generate all DB2 objects in new DB
    4. db2move import new db.
    ( before step 4, i changed the db2move.lst to refer to new schema)
    It seems to be working fine.