customizing Query

Hi,

This is srinivas,i need an info regarding customizing query irrespective of any database i.e the backend may be anything like MYSQL,SQLServer,Oracle ,MS Access etc there should be one common query for all these databases to retrieve and insert the values.
    I hope my Question is clear.Once Again we don't know which database client will use.we should customize our query in a way that it sould work with different databases.

Eagerly Awaiting Your answers

regards
    sreenivasu puppala

what you want to do (one sql query for any database backend) is not possible
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

the best thing to do in this case is to abstract the database interface into a separate class, then sub class each SQL / database from that abstraction class. it will mean writing databse specific access within each sub class.

although there have been several attempts to define standard SQL, via ISO, no one supplier produces a database that matches that standard, they all come close, but no one is standards compliant. therefore there will always be a need to wrtie database specific SQL. (well untill tow or more database vendors produce a standards complaint database - but I'm not holding my breath.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

actually, mimer database is supposedly completely compliant
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL