Unanswered: Query Related to DB2 Database Certification

Hi All

I am an application developer.
    I am planning to go for a certification in IBM DB2 (V8).

Please let me know is there any importance of any Database certification other than certification that meant to be a DBA becauase I have seen lot of discussion about DBA certification for DB2 but did not find much information about certification like

DB2 UDB V8 Family Application Development(703)

It will be really great if some one will please provide the importance of Database certification for Application Developer more specifically about "DB2 UDB V8 Family Application Development(703)"

Thanks in adavnce

If your shop is using DB2, then 'certification' should stand you in good stead. More so as it also gives you the opportunity to go through almost all features and options of the product.

In my shop, I have had people asking study material for 703 certification, which is available @ http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...11&S_CMP=LPDB2

HTH.

Thanks for providing such a valuable information.

I have one more query over here, is this matter is more than enough for the certifcation or I have to read some more study material before stating giving mock test.

Thanks agian
    Amit

Information provided by IBM for exam 703 in the link referenced should be sufficient to get certified.

HTH.

Thanks for answering my queries.

Amit