Unanswered: SQL Reorting Services and Formatted Text

I have some textual data that comes preformatted with some extra spaces and line feeds. I am attempting to put it in a Report using SSRS 2005.

When ever I view the report in HTML Mode all of the extra whitespace is suppressed into a single space. However when I export to PDF or Word it all comes back. I have tried using the .Replace() method to put in &nbsp; and <BR> tags into my code, but then it just displays the extra text and doesn't display it as HTML.

Is there anyway either replace the items with the appropriate HTML, or add the "PRE" whitespace CSS attribute to a Textbox so that the text displays the same in HTML and in a PDF?

Thanks.
    --wayne
    SELECT * FROM Users WHERE Clue>0
    0 rows returned

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneph
    When ever I view the report in HTML Mode all of the extra whitespace is suppressed into a single space.
    This is a feature of HTML. All consecutive spaces are truncated to a single space, according to the HTML standard.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    This is a feature of HTML. All consecutive spaces are truncated to a single space, according to the HTML standard.
    I understand that. I'm an Web Programmer by trade. What I'm looking for is a way to alter what Reporting Services kicks out so that line breaks are either replaced with <br> tags, or I can use the <pre> tag to keep all formatting.

I have attempted the Replace option and it acutally displayed the <br> (translated it to &lt;br&gt. I want it to actually use it as HTML. That's why I wanted to look into the Style option because then I can use whitespacere. and it will maintain it.
    --wayne
    SELECT * FROM Users WHERE Clue>0
    0 rows returned