Unanswered: Problem cancelling new record

I have a bound form with an option group on it. As a consequence, when I move to a new record, say by mistake and wish to cancel, the option group value is recorded in the underlying table and so there is a new record. Because it does not have required data, I am unable to move away from it. Clearing the form data does not affect the option group value.

If I unbind the control, then moving away from the record cancels the update but this does not happen with the bound control,

Ideally, I want the cancellation to happen by moving away from the new record or by clicking on a Clear button but can't get anything to work.

Ideas would be gratefully received.

Try removing the defaults for the option group field in both the table and form.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Please ignore this thread

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried that but it made no difference, though I thought it would. However, and something I should have tried before posting (sorry), I have created a testbed form with just the basic functionality and this works perfectly. So, something else is affecting the saving of the record - just don't know what it is at the moment .

When (if?) I find it, I'll post the reason to close the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Avery
    I have a bound form with an option group on it. As a consequence, when I move to a new record, say by mistake and wish to cancel, the option group value is recorded in the underlying table and so there is a new record. Because it does not have required data, I am unable to move away from it. Clearing the form data does not affect the option group value.

If I unbind the control, then moving away from the record cancels the update but this does not happen with the bound control,

Ideally, I want the cancellation to happen by moving away from the new record or by clicking on a Clear button but can't get anything to work.

Ideas would be gratefully received.
    Hey Phillip,

I may not be following what your wanting to do but if you did have a "Cancel" button. What does it do if you put Me.Undo behind it? (In the OnClick event of course). Would this do what your after?

Hi ShaneS

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging but I've been away. I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

Provided Answers: 59
    what happens if your press the ESCape key?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton