Unanswered: migrating data from one machine to other

hi all,
    The problem that i have is that i have a database on a machine and contains data in tables say machineone(coulmn a,coulmn b,coulmn c).what i want to do is to copy this date (only two coulmns from table machineone) to the datebase on other machine.i am using the same versions of the postgresql.How to do that?does it require any external tool,any postgresql tool or i have to do it with the help of postgre commands

regards

One easy way is for you, using pgAdmin, to backup the single table from the "source" server/database to a file, then, restore that file to the target server.

Afterwards, drop any column in the taqrget table that you want.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

Another similar approach would be to select into a table just the attributes that you need and then back that table up to then restore that into the second server.

If you would prefer to use external tools

- Linked Server via SQL Server to export the data
    - Access DB to move the data
    - 3rd party tools EMS creates a data export and import tool that could do the trick...

-Paul

- 3rd party tools EMS creates a data export and import tool that could do the trick...
    Yes - Navicat has some nice data/structure migration/synchronization capabilities.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert