Unanswered: crystal reports newbie single report per cust.

I want to use crystal reports to print custom statements for customers how do i get one customer per page right now if i insert my field from the sql connection it just displays a list of that field from start to finish from the database.

I.E. if i have a customer with customer number 800 i only want customer 800's data on page 1 customer 801's data on page 2 803's data on page 3 etc.

I'm assuming that you have the report grouped by customer. If not, do it now. The report should have a "Group Footer". Set the propeties of the Group Footer to "Page Break After". If you don't using the Group Footer to display any totals, you can set it's length to almost nothing, just to get the page break.

No matter how many records each customer has - they may eventually cover more than one page - the next customer will start at the top of the next page.

So i went to insert group and it created a group header and footer but i don't see a page break after?
    Last edited by freshfitz; 05-16-06 at 17:49.

please check the group porperties to implement the solution mentioned above.
    To do this, right click on the left border of the report lay-out and you will see the pop-up menu coming up. Select the appropriate item and you can see the section/group properties.

Hope this helps.

The properties are also available in the "Section Expert".

The expert shows a list of all the sections in the report, with the properties of the selected section displayed. Select the Group Footer and "Page Break After" should be one of the properties you can select.