Unanswered: Updating Records from 1 server to another

I need some help, Im trying to update 1 database which is in SQL on one server with data from another database which is on another server There are around 8000 records. It is taking for ever updating the data via MS Access Append Query and Update query. Do you know if there is any other faster way in code, which can be updated? Maybe in a loop doing 100 records at a time or any other suggestions.

Reason I need a faster way is the data on the SQL database is needs to be updated is linked to a website with data in , while the data is being updated the website crashes.

I would really appreciate your help.

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    export the data from one source db in a strict format
    load the data into the other db using the same format
    how you do it is upto you

one way that I have seen used is to read the export file on the destiantion server and insert rows as required (each record could be an sql statement
    eg "insert into tablex (column list) balues (value list); THis run as a process on the webserver as part of the site admin suite, worked (and works) very well, bbut not neccessarily the samrtest way to do this - depends on how many records you have to inseert and how often.

another way is to use the destination servers bulk load capability usually called something like "load infile".....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    Wait.. these are both SQL Servers? Is there some compelling reason why you're not using a DTS package?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***