Question Unanswered: Exporting a single record

Anyone know how I would go about exporting one single record from one database to another database? I don't need the whole table where the record is located at..just the single record.

I know of the .csv format..but just not sure how I'd go about doing that for a single record.

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

Why don't you just write a query to do that ... I think a simple INSERT INTO would suffice ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

the thing is I need it to be able to be sent by email..the way we're doing it is our service guys in our company tend to travel alot and make Customer Request Forms, and if they're out of the office for a week or two, we'd like to have it so they can email the single record back here to the office, and have a person located within the office insert it into our database here at the office..and then be able to print, and send it off..just so it doesn't take 2-3 weeks for a request to get through.

Provided Answers: 1
    Is email the only way you can expose this record? Do you not have access to a webserver to assist with this?

Original question: You would use the same process that you do for multiple records, no different.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I believe we do have access to a webserver...I'd have to double check with my supervisor on that one...but I'm pretty sure(80%) we do...but not everyone within the company is very good with computers so looking for the easy way to do things for their sake heh...

But if we do would the webserver be the better way to do it instead of exporting??

Provided Answers: 1
    I'm thinking providing an export method within whatever platform the customer requests form are on. Have it place the file on your webserver, then you can pull it down from there. That's just one of a dizzying array of solutions you can provide if everyone has access to a webserver. It takes the confusion and potential for human error out of the equation. Email... well.. doesn't.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

this is true it would take that out..heh...

I'll look into the web server idea, thanks guys!

And, if you use ado, rather than dao, you can persist a recordset into a file; either an ms proprietary format, or an xml format. The ADO recordset can read a URL path name for this task... (http://www.domain.com/YourRS.rst, for instance)

ref MSDN
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

we've gone the exporting the record as an XML document...now is there any way I could have it set up on the form to take the data, and export it as the XML file instead of doing it through File>Export??