Unanswered: sql server does not exist or access is denied

Hello every one,

i m facing one problem while connecting to sql server (Local database )on my computer through vb.net.........
    with the same query i m able to connect my remote sql server.........

i have checked for user name,password .it is correct....
    ip address of sql server is ok.........
    tcp/ip connection is set with port 1433......
    no firewall is set up.my sql query is like this.........

connectstr="data source=192.168.1.58,1433;persist security info=false;initial catalog=wincash1db;user id=bharat;password=bharat"

can any one plz help me in solving this problem.......

Thanks in advance,
    Bharat.

Provided Answers: 11
    Try removing the port from your connection string:
    Code:
    connectstr="data source=192.168.1.58;persist security info=false;initial catalog=wincash1db;user id=bharat;password=******"

i must need to keep port no otherwise im doing by removing port no..but for that i have to update this change into so many files......but why it is not connecting with port no exist....
    can u plz let me know.......

I am not sure I understand. Did the suggestion work?

hello,
    My question is it should work with port no.
    every thing for connectstring is looking good.....
    i already tried by removing port no.but that what i was doing previously and it is a tedious process for me to change whole string change every time when i have to change my code on local machine..( for that i need to change in all files where i m using connect string)....
    i wnat to remove that headache .thats why i found if this can work half of my time will be reduced..........
    I guess mow it would be more clear to u

Thanks,
    Bharat.

When a client connects to a default instance of SQL Server, it assumes it will be connecting to port 1433. If you try to connect to a named instance, there is a resolver service listening on port 1434 that will direct the client to the proper port. The only way I know of of needing the port number in the connection string is if you connect with DBLib. Otherwise, it is pretty automatic.

A better way of dealing with connection strings in multiple places all around your application is to use configuration files, whether they are global.asa files, include files, or some sort of XML configuration file that .NET likes to use. You may want to take this opportunity to introduce this in your application so the next time this happens, you only have to change the configuration file.

First check or get information about what protocols have been enabled on SQL Server, sometimes you may not be able to use TCP/IP to connect and in that case named-pipes is only way out.

Go thru thsi KBA http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328306/en-us for further information to resolve the error.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]