Unanswered: Simple Distributed Partioned Views (DPV's) Replication & Sheep

Last Night I had a Dream

And it involved my favourite Design Technique - Simplicity

So to achieve Simple Replication across geographically disparate Servers we could use:-

300 plus SQL2000 Servers enabling 1000 Concurrent Active Clients (10% actual light Activity)
    WAN = National Private Secured (ping 300ms max) (128kbps leased line Min)
    One Interface Server constantly Running A Simple Dynamically Built Partitioned View (removing down servers)
    One Stored Proc (or more) that Synchronizes the DPV Updateable Partitioned View with
    Interface Mirror Table DeNormalized Holding a Physical Copy of each of the Subscribers/Publishers/Client Sql Servers Data

The Question is:-

Was my Dream a Nightmare OR A Dream Come True ?

I Know it's down to the Network Quality to a great degree but (That's the suck it and see part of the question)
    but as a form of replication it seems a very simple platform that could possibly tackle our friend
    The DCP (Data Consistency Problem) with Client Update DateTime Column & frequent activation (30 Secs).

Has anyone had much experience with this type of Scaling out over a WAN ?

Is it worth a Try in the Real World ?

GW
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer

Refer to the Microsoft site & Google about Geospan clustering, which may be suitable for your need. I'm not keen to use replication in this case, with Clustering you can provide high availability and scalability on your needs.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]