Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Unanswered: How to log in to my DB ?

Hi,

I have a website with mssql data base recently I got this error:

it's showing error as 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e4d'

Login failed for user

/includes/connect.inc, line 23

As I am a new to this data base I dont know how to Log in to my data base and rectify it can any one help me in this I am a naive in this.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by juliesg
    ...recently I got this error...
    So, where you able to log in previously, and now suddenly you can't? Or have you never made a connection with this database server before?

Who is the DBA for the server?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

--Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    So, where you able to log in previously, and now suddenly you can't? Or have you never made a connection with this database server before?

Who is the DBA for the server?
    Till now i have not made a connection with this data base server as everything was done by my developer now he is not seen

Quote Originally Posted by Satya

I dont know how to open that control panel and do that as I dont know anything about this pls can you guide me ?

No, back up way further than that.

Who administers the database server?

Have you been granted access to the server either through your network login or a specified SQL Server login and password.

blindman

Quote Originally Posted by Satya
    I used this now and rectified but the problem still excists I think I have to try doing this :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292644/en-us

I am not sure how to do it Can any one help me ?

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    No, back up way further than that.

Who administers the database server?

Have you been granted access to the server either through your network login or a specified SQL Server login and password.
    I have the user id and password to log in before my developer did it after that he left not seen around so to safe guard the data base and ftp i asked my hosting company to change my password after which this i get this error message.

Provided Answers: 6
    that explains that. you changed the password to the sql server without updating the one the application uses in the sourcecode.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Yes I recently asked my hosting company to change the password Now kindly let me know how should i rectify the error using this ?

wishes

you probably have to go into your application sourcecode and update the password in your connection string(s).
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    you probably have to go into your application sourcecode and update the password in your connection string(s).
    Yes I know I have to do this :

But I dont know How to do this as I tried many ways but I dont know how to do it

I had not clicked on the link. Are you using the sa account for your application? If so you have bigger problems. That is a ginormous security no-no.

As for how to change the password in the application, I guess you need to hire a computer programmer.

Could be in a config file...

blindman

This happend only after i changed the data base password from the hosting side I dont know how to solve this problem