This position calls for someone whose primary background is accounting/financial analysis but also whose duties have included at least two years of taking ownership of, managing and administering a Hyperion Enterprise system.
The person hired will take a look at the Hyperion hierarchical structure and see if a better job can be done gathering management information, assist the Tax Department in getting set up to use Hyperion as a primary reporting tool, and probably get involved in a project to standardize the Chart of Accounts across the company.
The role will examine and analyze accounting records, participate in the monthly closing, prepare weekly and be the primary person responsible for preparing performance reports using Hyperion. The position will also be responsible for administrating and maintaining the Hyperion data base.
While performing the above role, the following will be the typical duties and responsibilities:
• Design and manage financial statements and reports in Hyperion and administer/manage the system
• Ad Hoc Hyperion reporting according to business needs
• Provide financial assistance and analysis to senior management
• Coordinates and reviews profit plans and corporate reporting packages.
• Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Account analysis and reconciliations
• Participate in monthly closing and in annual business plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the technical and accounting skills to perform the essential duties of the financial analyst as well as an in depth knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and two to five year’s relevant experience in a similar position especially with Hyperion. CPA a plus
The individual filling this position must:
• Be able to multi task and meet aggressive deadlines;
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Have strong computer skills and be proficient in MS Word, Access, and Excel.
For this key position we want an experienced manager with solid experience in accounting and controlling and who has already worked in an international environment with international accounting standards. He or she should be pragmatic and able to think and operate inter-departmentally and not lose sight of priorities in the hectic of day-to-day operations.
A high level of communicative skills, the ability to persuade and self-assertion are expected as well as the ability to work under pressure analytically and systematically. Quick comprehension, thinking in terms of the big picture and organizing skills are essential as well as the ability to integrate and get along with people of differing mentalities.
A straightforward working style is essential in addition to self-motivation, problem solving abilities, team spirit and a “hands on” mentality.
Compensation & Typical Benefits Summary
The salary level range is low $70s with a 10-15% bonus (approximately $14K bonus at 10%).
Medical and prescription drug coverage, dental, medical and dependent care reimbursement accounts (flex spending), life insurance, short and long term disability coverage, employee assistance program, paid time off (vacations and holidays), retirement and 401(k) savings plan, and tuition assistance.