I'm assisting my client in the hiring of a software developer for a direct hire position in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The developer will be expected to ramp quickly in the ongoing development and support of a classic Visual Basic 6.0/SQL Server appplication being used by 15,000 end user clients across North America. You'll collarborate with an existing team (Business Analyst, DBA, other developers) in building new features/functions and versions for an industry-leading business management system for a niche market. In addition, you'll be tasked with building new client interfaces, reporting functions, and reporting tools. Some customization of end user functions will be necessary. Depending upon your skills, you may be involved with other developments in Java, PHP, and .Net.

The position is due to growth in the business and the need is immediate.

We seek a seasoned Microsoft Visual Basic/SQL Server developer who thinks "big picture" and provides near-error free code under tight timelines. The client is a small software firm (<15 total) providing premier industry-leading products and services to a niche client base. The work environment is very collaborative and fit is very important.

The salary is DOE but will be somewhere between $50K and $70K with employee benefits, free parking, and a casual (shorts) small office work environment. We prefer candidates who are as local to Chattanooga as possible (Atlanta, Nashville, Huntsville, or Knoxville).

Interested? Send me your current resume as a Word .doc to rloggins@bellsouth.net or refer a previous co-worker who needs a new environment to grow and prosper. Hired referrals are awarded.

This is an ad by a third-party recruiter hired by client to assist with filling this critical and immediate position.

Rick Loggins
Chattanooga, TN
(423) 756-8822

Job location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Salary range: $50,000 to $70,000