Angry Unanswered: MouseDown in a ListBox

Hi,

I'm trying to present some popup information about an item that has been selected in a listbox. I'm calling the popup form to open on MouseDown, and close on MouseUp - very straightforward!

But........

I can't seem to retrieve the selected bound value from the listbox in the MouseDown event. It seems not to update until the mouse has been released, so I'm always one step behind with my information! (ie, the .value property holds the value from the previous selection).

Does this make sense??

Can anyone suggest how to get the bound value of the listbox of the selected row in the MouseDown event?

Many thanks,

Qpid.

Sorry to bring this up again, but can anyone help me??

I found a link in the archive to www.peterssoftware.com who has a nice drag-n-drop demo, which shows the selected item in a listbox in a moving tooltip until it is dropped in another list. This proves that you CAN determine the value of the selected item in a listbox as soon as the mousedown event is triggered, but unfortunately, the demo is a .mde file, so I can't get into the code to see how it's done (I suppose that would defeat the object of him charging for a working version!!).

Any help would be great.

Many thanks,

Qpid.

Why are you using onmousdown as opposed to onclick, afterupdate, or afterchange?