Unanswered: Find Specific Record in a Form

I have a form (Form3) and I want to create a command button that will allow me to find a specific record within that form i.e. without having to open another window or search through each individual record to find it.

I want to look up the [Last Name] and the [First Name] in order to find these records.

I have attached the database and any help would be most appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A way that you could do this would be to have a column that is the record # of the row in the form and do your lookup returning that row # then issue the GoToRecord command ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

The only problem with this is that we have youth that cycle in and out of the program. We would have to have the ID# memorized to find it that way. Is there a way to look up the record based on fields?

Quote Originally Posted by dendalee
    The only problem with this is that we have youth that cycle in and out of the program. We would have to have the ID# memorized to find it that way. Is there a way to look up the record based on fields?
    No ... Not what I mean. When you add the records to the query (this won't work if the form is on the actual table itself) you add an extra column that is a sequential record # that MATCHES the order in which the records display ... Then it's just a matter to find the right kid and get that record # and goto it ... Got it?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...