Angry Unanswered: Data Type for an Account Number

I've been working on fairly easy Access Databases for work but I hit another snag.

With the various choices one can select for a Number Data Type I wanted to know is there a way to use a Number Data Type (i.e. Double, long interger, etc) for an account number that has 15 numeric characters? None of these selections work. Is my only solution to make it a text field field?

Thank you for your help!!
    Wendy

Whoa...long acount number. May as well go Memo (just kidding).

15 is about your limit using the Double numeric type. Just use the pound symbol after the number - i.e.:

Dim Num As Double
    Num = 999999999999999#
    MsgBox Num

In Table: Set the number type to Double. In the format property place no more than 15 zeros.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Provided Answers: 59
    if you aren't doing any mathmatics with the number then I'd suggest using text
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 19
    I agree with the reprobate formally known as Mary! If you're not doing calculations with the account numbers (and I can't imagine that you are) use a text data type.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thank you Heldam and CyberLynx. I like your sense of humor Cyber!!

Cheers!

Hey Missing, thanks also. I'm not doing any calculations but if I use a text field it creates quotes which is causing me a big headache because I am trying to export the infor into a CSV file. Which was my next help I needed how to get rid of the quotes when exporting into a CSV file. I'm thinking maybe I should have stuck to Sales instead of MIS reporting.....