Unanswered: email automation

All,
    I have a report on a form that is run on a daily basis to give information to users what is due for the day. The user wants a daily email automatically sent base on this report to the person or persons. How do I set such a report up to automatically be sent each day without someone to push a button?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    Can I assume that you didn't like the method I posted on the other site you have this question?
    Paul

hi,

you can use either docmd.sendobject or using outlook object library create an email to send.

which method do you prefer and I will tell you how its done!

kind reagrds,

mark

Pbaldy,
    I like to see how others reply in different forums. don't take it personally.

the docmd.sendobject

Quote Originally Posted by slimjen
    All,
    I have a report on a form that is run on a daily basis to give information to users what is due for the day. The user wants a daily email automatically sent base on this report to the person or persons. How do I set such a report up to automatically be sent each day without someone to push a button?
    Thanks

You may want to be a little more detailed with what it is you want to do. If it is as simple as it sounds then you can use the docmd method on a form's onopen or timer event.

You could also use the office 10 library to create an email. Typically you would use this approach for a more customized solution. The problem with this approach is you would run into office security problems if you tried to send the email w/o having someone actually press the send button on the mail message.

Provided Answers: 1
    I've consistently found this to be easer, safer and more reliable to do using an external tool to connect to your database and send the emails. I've used little vb scripts, sql jobs, lotus/domino agents and the occassional cron job to take care of this for me. Access is not very good at automating itself according to a set schedule. It's much easier to use something that lends itself to time-sensitive activites and have it hit your mdb via ODBC/what-have-you and take care of business.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***