Unanswered: ASA 9 to Oracle 10g migration using Proxy tables - CLOB data truncation

Hi,

I had implemented data migration solution from ASA 9 to Oracle 10g using remote server and proxy tables. All the rows were migrated successfully.

The CLOB data had some problem. When the data in the CLOB column was in two rows (i.e. the data has line breaks), the migrated data had only the first line in the target database (oracle 10g) while rest of the data got truncated.

Has anyone come across such a data truncation issue with CLOB data type? Has Sybase come up with any EBF in this regard?

cheers,
    Prashant

can't you just unload it from ASA and imp into Oracle with the same delimiters

I can always do the unload and use sqlldr to load in oracle. I have already tried it and it works fine.

I went with the option of proxy tables as it is simpler for one time migration of small size databases but it just failed for text/CLOB datatypes for line breaks. What i want to know is does SYBASE provide any fix for this issue using the Proxy tables. Please let me know if you have come across such case/ EBF.

Cheers,
    Prashant