Question Unanswered: Deleting TRN files

I have a database and I see that I have a lot of TRN files behind it taking up more than 82GB disk space.
    I have a TRN file from Jan until today.
    I plan to delete every one of them until April to recover 59 GB of disk space.
    Would that be OK?

Provided Answers: 6
    those are your transaction log backups. they not particularly useful after your last full or differential backup unless you want to say recreate your database as it was at 1:35 on May 5th. I would not delete them. i would archive them. Winzip. Hopefully you move backups onto tape and off site.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

We do have tape backups as well so I guess I can delete them. Just on the safe side, I zipped them too. Thanks.

Provided Answers: 6
    be sure to leave the one since your last full or diff backup in place.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 1
    If your job is running xp_sqlmaint to perform your backups, just use the "DelBkUps" parameter to define how long you want to retain the files.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com