Needing File: 'data1.msi'

HI!
    We just got back home this morning from our trip. Both scenery & weather were beautiful!

When I'm trying to run some programs, this little error pops up. It's looking for 'data1.msi' file. This file somehow either got corrupted, or deleted.

It's been suggested that I try 'Chit Chat' for help on this problem.

Last Fall our computer crashed, & after the tech's fixed it they also gave us "Office 2000 suite." But, I don't have an Office 2000 cd. If somebody has this file: 'data1.msi', would you be so kind to send it to me.

Thanks
    ccfran

You really need to get the missing files (and probably the CD too) from the techs. Without both the CD and its registration code, you could have all kinds of trouble since you can't prove you've got a valid copy of Microsoft Office.

-PatP

re: file

Even though I do not have a Microsoft Office CD, the tech's did register it to my computer. I have a Gateway, & that's the way they registered everything they put in here. I do have the product ID key, & it is registered to this computer. I checked all the Microsoft Office 2000 programs I have, & they all have the same product ID key.
    Just thought I'd let you know!

ccfran

You still really need to go back to the techs in order to get your CD. I'm sure that they'll be able to get you one easily enough. You really don't want to get a copy of files via the net... The kindness of strangers is a good thing, but it is very easy to "doctor" an MSI file to contain any code that someone wanted to add... Viruses are the least of your worries in this area, there are lots worse things out there...

I'd strongly suggest that you get a CD from the techs that rebuilt your machine.

-PatP

re: file

Thanks, Pat!
    We will be having the same tech's max out the memory & install a new DVD-drive within a few weeks. No, I don't wish to ask for that file any longer. We know the tech's, & yes, they no doubt would get me a CD.

Thanks again!
    CCFran