Unanswered: how to log sql commands

Hello,

is there a way to watch or log all sql-commands from all users or clients, which are connected to the database?

I'm working with informix dynamix server 10.0.

Thanks for helping me!

Hi,

Look in sysmaster:syssqlstat.

Gustavo.

You can ue onlog to look at the logs that are still on the server. The best way is if it is for SOC compliancy is to use Informix trusted server facility. You can create a mask for delete, updates etc etc etc. use the onaudit command for that
    Jeff Wain

ok, thanks for reply. In the table sysmaster:syssqlstat is nothing I can use. Perhaps there is some configuration missing.

The onaudit command seems to be the solution, but I don't know how to use it. I looked at the IBM-manual, but it seems to complicated.

Is there no easy way to watch all sql-commands that any user made to the database, for example watching a log-file, or using a tool, such as a sql-monito or something like that. I don't understand the complexity of this desire.

Or can you give me some help using the onaudit-command to log all commands?!

Thanks!

I'll post some examples on onaudit and how to play with the mask tomorrow
    Jeff Wain

That would be nice.

Thanks

onaudit -a -u _default -e +ACTB - adds access table to mask this will show all table access I would not use this I would look at informix trusted facility mgr mask list and add only update inserts delets etc. There i a table that shows the 4 char code for that. To remove a mask its onaudit -a -u _default -e -ADCK would remove add chunk audit.

onaudit -n start new audit file
    onaudit -p /dir/for/logs
    Then just turn it on onaudit -l 1 -on onaudit -l 0 -off. If you ant to test I would add access table audit to my mask specify where the files are then turn it on. The log should start right away with access tble audit on. You can read informix trusted facilit mgr manual. Its very small only about 80 or so pages
    Jeff Wain

Did that help you out?
    Jeff Wain