Unanswered: Strange record in query

I have an invoice file that when I SQL records I get what looks to maybe be a sum of some kind. The invoice number that displays is way beyond auto number. I can view this record on a select statement but when I try to delete it, I get message that no such key found. I don't know why this record shows in quey because I can't see it when I look in actual data. Help!!!

Provided Answers: 19
    I assume that I have an invoice file means that you have an Access table with the invoice data, not a file from another program that you're trying to import into Access. If that is the case, your SQL statement is either messed up (you might want to post the statement here, but you'll have to wait for others to examine it) or you have a corrupted database! My guess would be the later.

Don't get impatient if it takes a while for you to a reply; it's the weekend, and a holiday weekend at that in the USA!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I believe the corrupted database as well. What can I do to fix?

Provided Answers: 19
    The usual strategy is to import all objects (tables, forms, queries etc) into a blank db. Delete the corruptrd db and name the new one the same as the old.
    Before doing any of this, however, be sure to make a backup copy of the original db in a different folder!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007