Question Unanswered: How many times can I run catalog.sql

Hi

I have 9.2.0.5 Oracle version, in Red Hat operating system.
    Due to a problems with my database (with drop user and create user), I have seen in any forums that the solution is to run catalog.sql and catproc.sql. But my doubt is if anything would be wrong in my database if I execute again these procedures.

thank you

Provided Answers: 4
    "catalog.sql" creates data dictionary views; I guess there would be no harm if you run it more than once (as it consists mostly of the "CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ..." statements). However, as I'm not a DBA, perhaps you should wait a little bit longer to hear another opinion.

Lightbulb

I believe you don't need to rerun these scripts (due to problems with drop user and create user). It won't affect dictionry views.

What type of errors are you getting?

I would first check in DBA_OBJECTS to see if there are any INVALID objects. If you want to rerun catalog & catproc, then I would start the database up in restricted mode and rerun the scripts. No guarantee however that this will solve your problem.

hi

I checked the status objects in DBA_OBJECTS, and I have many objects (more or less 50) with status INVALID from schema SYS. for example:

TYPE SYS AGGRCENTROID 1 11 PLS-00201: identifier 'MDSYS.SDOAGGR' must be declared

What do you think about this, is this a problem in my database?
    I don´t know what is my problem, because I don`t have experienced in database administracion.

Please can I help me

thank for advanced

You can try to run utlrp.sql script to recompile all invalid PL/SQL packages and then recheck the INVALID objects. If you still have that many INVALID objects after running the script, then startup in restricted mode and try the catalog.sql & catproc.sql script.

BTW...have you patched your database recently? If so, did you run catpatch.sql?

Hi

Yes, I think is a good idea run script utlrp.sql, I have read any post in Metalink about this. The problem is with objects property schema MDSYS but I don,t have MDSYS schema, we don,t have install Oracle SPATIAL .
    Only question, is necessary startup database in restricted mode to run utlrp.sql?.
    The other side, the last patch installed in my database is July 2005

thank for advanced

You don't need to be in restricted mode to run utlrp.sql.