Thread: dCount question

Unanswered: dCount question

I have a database with questions where the user can respond

• never
    • sometimes
    • usually
    • always

How do I count how many have responded never, how many responded sometimes how many responded usually and so on? I created a query with the first field as a calculated field. Here is the criteria:

Qlty of Sup1: DCount("[COMPANY]","tblquestionaire","[onea]=1 and [location]='" & Forms!Loc!cboLocation & "' ")

As you can see I am using query by form. The form for this query has one field I am filtering by. I don't know how to add multiple fields to the criteria. I will have to let the user filter by Location, Division, Supervisor and a date range.

I need help modifying the statement so that I can filter and count by multiple fields. Thank you!

Assuming your [onea] value represents the response and it's numeric then I can't see a problem with your statement - are you saying there is a problem? Are you asking how to include further criteria ? If so just continue the criteria bit as you have already done.

Chris

Question Help please

Qlty of Sup1: DCount("[COMPANY]","tblquestionaire","[onea]=1 and [location]='" & Forms!Loc!cboLocation & "' ")

I am using the query by form. The example above is asking for location only. I have two other forms that have three fields.

supervisor

My question is where do I add the other fields in the statement above? Can I add for example

"& Forms!Loc!cboLocation &", "&Forms!Loc!cboDivision &", "&Forms!Loc!cboSupervisor&"' ")

Thank you!

It's gonna look something like

Code:
    Qlty of Sup1: DCount("[COMPANY]","tblquestionaire","[onea]=1 and [location]='" & Forms!Loc!cboLocation & "' and [DIVISION]='" &  Forms!Loc!cboDivision & "' and [SUPERVISOR]='" & Forms!Loc!cboSupervisor & "'")
    I think I've got that right but then I never get it right first time.

hth
    Chris

Thank you!