Unanswered: Query performance

Thanks to everyone who's been helping me recently. I think this is my last design question for this project.

I am looking for the quickest way to join two tables and get the result into a recordset. I currently have a select query that joins the tables, and then use the query as the source of the recordset.

Would it be quicker to put the SQL code in VBA instead of using the front-end query as the source?

Also, would a stored procedure improve performance?

Lastly, I am currenly loading the recordset into an array and looping through the array multiple times, performing calculations as I go. I am not writing to the table or recordset, all calcs are done with vb variables. Can I move through and pull values from a recordset as quickly as I can an array?

Thanks!

Is the BE SQL Server?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

No, Access db on hard drive.

Ah well - I think JET does support Stored Procs but I don't know anyone that has ever used one (for fun or profit). A JET stored proc is extremely unlikely to help. A saved query is typically quicker than inline SQL. I doubt that the location of the SQL will really matter much though anyway. 99% of your time will be spent rummaging around in your recordsets and arrays.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.