Unanswered: Sql Server: Msg 7607 - full text search

hi,

i am getting the above error message when trying to do full text search with containstable on a single table.

i am dynamically creating the search querry condition and some times its even having 18 times "AND" OR "AND NOT" in the search condition.

i have read in MS bug list that there is a limitation of length of the search string while doing FTsearch. it said that its been fixed in SP3 of sql server 2000.

But i am still getting the error 7607 even after installing SP3 on my server.

need advise on resolving this issue..

prad

Sql Server: Msg 7607 - full text search

hi,

i am getting the above error message when trying to do full text search with containstable on a single table.

i am dynamically creating the search querry condition and some times its even having 18 times "AND" OR "AND NOT" in the search condition.

i have read in MS bug list that there is a limitation of length of the search string while doing FTsearch. it said that its been fixed in SP3 of sql server 2000.

But i am still getting the error 7607 even after installing SP3 on my server.

need advise on resolving this issue..

deep

Provided Answers: 59
    .....probably best to ask this sort of question within the relevant forum - in this case MS SQL Server....
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

see, what happens if you tell them that, they start the exact same thread over here, then another mod moves the original thread over here too, and then another mod sees two identical threads (each of which may have garnered a different set of replies), and merges them, with the result that the final thread has all these nuisance posts and the question gets lost

it would be better simply to move the original thread, or push the little red "report bad post" icon next to the post number, and tell a moderator to move it
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL