Question Unanswered: ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

Hi,

I'm in the process of updating a Crystal Report. The report has a couple parameters, {?SDate} and {?EDate}, to be entered by the user. The parameter feeds into the QE.ACTUAL_COMP_DATE. The parameter is currently a string type. I'm trying to change it to be a date type so that the user could have a calendar to select the date from when entering the parameter. But the problem is that when I change the parameter type from string to date and run the report I get the following error:

"Failed to open a rowset.
    Details: HY000: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended"

Can someone help? The SQL command is below:

SELECT DISTINCT
    QE.QUEUE_ID,
    QE.SHOP_ORDER_ID,
    SO.PART_ID,
    SO.USER_ATT8,
    SO.SHOP_ORDER_STATUS,
    (Select Max(q.ACTUAL_COMP_DATE) from Itcm.Queue_Entry q, itcm.object_status o where q.shop_order_id = QE.shop_order_id and q.shop_order_suffix = QE.shop_order_suffix and q.queue_id = qe.queue_id and q.object_id = o.object_id and q.queue_entry_Status = o.status_name group by
    q.shop_order_id, q.queue_id having max(o.status_flags) = 32 and min(o.status_flags) = 32
    ) AS COMP_DATE

FROM ITCM.QUEUE_ENTRY QE, ITCM.SHOP_ORDER SO
    WHERE QE.SHOP_ORDER_ID = SO.SHOP_ORDER_ID AND QE.SHOP_ORDER_SUFFIX = SO.SHOP_ORDER_SUFFIX and QE.ACTUAL_COMP_DATE >= '{?SDate}' and QE.ACTUAL_COMP_DATE <= '{?EDate}'
    Last edited by acanals; 05-31-06 at 14:25. Reason: Need to ID the post as a question for help

Question

I'm meant to post this as a question.

Provided Answers: 4
    I don't use Crystal Report so this might not help at all ...

Does your "real" query also have an empty line between "AS COMP DATE" and "FROM itcm.queue_entry" lines? If so, could it be that this confuses Crystal Report? Try to delete this empty line.

Also, does this product support subquery as an item in report?

SELECT (SELECT ... FROM ...) AS comp_date FROM ...

What happens if you omit COMP_DATE query?

And, just to observe, date WHERE clause could be shortened into

... AND qe.actual_comp_date BETWEEN '{?SDate}' AND '{?EDate}'