Unanswered: Unique count query

I am trying to run a query so it returns a unique count of clients using our service. One client can use the service many times thus the client ID is repeated. I wish to find out how many clients use our service, how do i amend the following query so as not to count multiple instances of the same client:

SELECT Count(tbl_CoreClientRefs.ID) AS CountOfID
    FROM tbl_CoreClientRefs INNER JOIN tbl_CoreClientContacts ON tbl_CoreClientRefs.ID = tbl_CoreClientContacts.CoreClientRefID
    WHERE (((tbl_CoreClientContacts.DateOfContact)>=[paramStartDate] And (tbl_CoreClientContacts.DateOfContact)<=[paramEndDate]));

Hi

If you switch Access to ANSI SQL mode then you can use the syntax COUNT(DISTINCT MyCol). Otherwise you need to get distinct IDs and then count e.g.:
    Code:
    SELECT Count(*) AS CountOfID
    FROM
    (SELECT DISTINCT tbl_CoreClientRefs.ID
    FROM tbl_CoreClientRefs INNER JOIN tbl_CoreClientContacts ON tbl_CoreClientRefs.ID = tbl_CoreClientContacts.CoreClientRefID
    WHERE tbl_CoreClientContacts.DateOfContact >=[paramStartDate] And tbl_CoreClientContacts.DateOfContact <=[paramEndDate]) AS DistinctIDs
    HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

thats great but how do you switch?

Tools-> Options-> Tables\ Queries

Check the entry in Help first as you need to be sure your current stuff will work fine.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thank you very much, it worked like a treat