Thread: SQL Loader

Unanswered: SQL Loader

I have a space delimited file that needs to populate my oracle DB.

I made a .ctl file that looks like

load data
    infile 'C:/dump.txt'
    insert into table xxxxx.CART_TOPIC_QUEUE
    fields terminated by " "
    (trigger_topic, queue, env "Product")

Now the db is on a remote machine and normall to run sql commands i use toad and to do pl/sql i use the command prompt and this is what i was typing in the cmd

sqlldr xxx/xxx@xxx control=C:\Name.ctl

^^^ I thought the part of the code where you designated where your db was would connect you to the remote machine and then run the control file

I get this error
    'sqlldr' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I checked on the db system and sqlldr is in the folder at its correct location

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mullet01
    I checked on the db system and sqlldr is in the folder at its correct location
    Then maybe your PATH variable does not include %OH%\bin
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Provided Answers: 1
    You could use the cd command to navigate to the $O_H\bin directory in the DOS command window & then type your sqlldr command, or just include the path at the start of the command (i.e. C:\> $O_H\bin\sqlldr etc etc etc).

But (as LKBrwn_DBA says) you might be better off including the path in the PATH variable if you intend using sqlldr often - it will make it easier for you in the long run (less typing!).
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Cool

Just as I said...
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb