Distributed Database Design Help

I want to computerise a department where it has several branches. Each branch deals with customers from its region, processing applications and issuing orders. Processing an application goes through several levels. Like from branch office to regional office and later to head office and then back to the branch office for issuing order. and the requirement is that each branch should work irrespective of the network condition.So I want to make each office to be autonomous (storing the data related to the branch at its branch server). And one more requirement is that i want to make a web system where customers should be able to lodge application (by selecting the branch office) and check their application status. So the DB of all branches should be available to the web system no matter where the data of different branches is stored.

Give me a brief description on possible Distributed DB design that will be sufficient for implementing the system.

Thanks in Advance
    Sundar.

MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server... Pretty much any of the major database players can deal with these kind of requirements.

-PatP

Iam looking for possible Database Design, I really appreciate if you could give me a brief description on DB design for this system.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundar.

A tall order, knowing as little as we do.

You would need to analyze the operational and data storage requirements requirements at each site. In addition, you would need to analyze the data FLOW from site to site.

Once you know the operational requirements, the storage requirements, and the data flow, you could then probably make a decent stab at designing a workable solution.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert