Unanswered: access + VBA question

hello all
    I have a database (it is the application), and it contain the table for users that are trying to access the system (application), I have the main form,so based on the username and password, I would like to give each one a specific privilege, so how could I use the code BUILDER with VBA, to access the table of the user and check that the data held inside the controls (the 2 edit boxes ) matches a specific row in the table..???

thanks

What???? What are you doing? Are you perhaps asking how to write a query to interrogate a table for a match against 2 textboxes? You can do that with the QBE or (as I prefer) you can do that with some VBA code ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

i have 2 textboxes ( I am newbie to VBA), I want to make them both match some record in the database table, can somebody help me the code of them?

Well if the textboxes are bound then you need only requery them ... If not, then you'll have to query for the data then populate ...

sorry, but I tell u that I am newbie to VBA, what do u mean by requery, and populate, sorry but I dont know what do they mean?

Quote Originally Posted by houssam_ballout
    sorry, but I tell u that I am newbie to VBA, what do u mean by requery, and populate, sorry but I dont know what do they mean?
    If you don't know what they mean then I really can't help you because you won't understand what I'm talking about ... Can I suggest that you read up on Access some more or hit the help pages and search for the Requery method and how it applies to textboxes. It sounds to me like you can't tell me if the textboxes in question are bound or not ...