Unanswered: use Mail merge in access

i have a trouble to create mail merge in access based on query. I first select the query and go to the office link to merge it with microsoft office word. Select the create new document and link data to it. Then it let me confirm the datasource. I select MS access database via DDE. It showed me that the word is unable to open the data source. Anybody please let me? What is the problem? Or can you show me the step by step how to create a mailmerge in access. Many thanks.

I have another question, i have a query that has to pass a parameter called ID. Then i create a mail merge. But i don't want user to type and remember the ID. I would like to use Dropdown list box to let user select one. Then i would like the query then can pass the id in the dropdown list value. Then link to the mail merge. Is that possible? Many many thanks.

Write a report, a report that just works like a mail merge.

Failing that right click on the table that you want to mail merge from, export as excel and work with the excel file instead of the table

It would be handy if you could provide the error that you are getting as well.
    Based on DAO 3.6 and Access 2000 + 2003
    VB.Net 2005 + ADO.Net

You can use Word to format sections of the report if you like, assuming you are using Access 2003.
    BillS