Question Unanswered: Help with forms / subforms

Hello all, I'm having trouble with creating a form (or subform) in Access 2003 that will allow individuals to complete a survey. Essentially, I have a tbl_person_info table (which contains info about the survey participant), a tbl_questions table (which includes all of the questions for the survey), and a tbl_answers table. The tbl_answers table is linked to both the tbl_person and tbl_questions table with one-to-many relationships on the person_id and question_id fields.

I already have a draft of one form set up to record the person information, and now I want to have a form (an answers subform?) where the user can record the survey responses.

My problem is that I want the answers subform to show the question text for each question with a text entry box where the user can record the answer next to it, but right now it seems to go one-by-one. The subform (currently based on a query) simply lists a text entry box where a person can enter the person_id, the question_id, and then the question text appears and the user can enter the answer text . . . I don't want to have 30 subforms (one for each question . . . ). There has to be an easier way to do this.

I would like to have the person_id field already populated, and the question_id field filled in for all 30-some questions. Is that possible? Should I create an append query that appends the person_id and question_id (for all 30-some questions) into the answer table so that the appropriate question rows show up? I would like to have this answers subform appear as static as possible - the questions for this survey aren't really going to be changing. Thanks very much for your help.
    Last edited by j1mc; 06-05-06 at 17:37.

Zagreb - Croatia

Hello j1mc!

I think you need Main Form, SubForm, and SubSubForm.
    Look at "DemoSubSubA2000.mdb". Open frmMain.
    I think it can help you.
    Attached Files Attached Files