Thread: Load problem

Unanswered: Load problem

I have a process that failed, i believe due to attempting to load from a text file that did not exists. A number of tables attempted to load from this same text files and all failed.

Now the tablespace is in Quiesced EXCLUSIVE state and any attempt to restart or terminate the load gives a strange error:
    SQL3508N Error in accessing a file or path of type "TEMP_FILE" during load or
    load query. Reason code: "1". Path:
    "D:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00002\load\DB200002.PID\DB2000 6D.OID\lo".

I've had failed loads before but this has me stumped.

Can anyone set me straight please?

Try a LOAD RESTART - it will the LOAD to complete successfully
    Renga

I tried the load restart and get the error:

SQL3508N Error in accessing a file or path of type "TEMP_FILE" during load or
    load query. Reason code: "1". Path:
    "D:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00002\load\DB200002.PID\DB2000 30.OID\lo".

Are you sure that the load failed due to a non-existent file ?
    If the file is not there, the load would complete with SQL2036N.
    See an example below -
    $ db2 load from /a/b/c of del replace into x nonrecoverable
    SQL3109N The utility is beginning to load data from file "/a/b/c".

SQL2036N The path for the file or device "/a/b/c" is not valid.

SQL3107W There is at least one warning message in the message file.

Number of rows read = 0
    Number of rows skipped = 0
    Number of rows loaded = 0
    Number of rows rejected = 0
    Number of rows deleted = 0
    Number of rows committed = 0

I think some load temporary files are missing - see the output of SQL3508N error message - and look at reason code 1. (db2 ? SQL3508N)

-- Jayesh

Jayesh - what you gave as an example is what I see in the logs of the table loads. So maybe that is not the problem.

But I do now have a tablespace with an Quiesced EXCLUSIVE state that I cannot figure out how to change back to normal. Can you help with this?

You can try to bring the tablespace out of quiesce state by using the following commands -

"quiesce tablespaces for table <tablename> reset"

However I have a feeling that this might not work as there are potentially missing files.

As the output help for the SQL statemement indicats you can restore the tablespace.
    Alternatively, if the table is empty and/or or was being loaded with replace option and the table's content can be discarded/ignored, you can load from an empty file in the table(s) using "db2 load from /dev/null of del replace into <tablename> nonrecoverable".

You need to provide the tablespace and table names, db2 logs (db2diag.log, load output/message file), the state of the tablespace (db2 list tablespaces show detail).

(You can email by clickin above my user-id in the forum and sending a private message).

-- Jayesh

Try a LOAD RESTART after removing all of the files in the temporary file location or use TEMPFILES PATH <path_name> with LOAD command to specify a new temporary files location
    Renga